Tuesday, November 23, 2010

today is the day

Flowers. A cute card, Betty Boop with-a-whip action figure. What could possibly go wrong?

Truth be told, I'd been increasingly agonizing about that night for the past several days. And I did a great job thank you very much. Dinner was prepared, wine was chilled and 100% of my attention was on 100% of her. I was delirious. All I wanted was for her to float through the evening on air, letting herself be pampered.

And for the most part it worked out that way. Except for all the things I forgot. ...I wanted it to be perfect...she kept having to get up to get this and do that...instead of realizing that she needed to be told to relax and let me do it for her...I kept chiding myself. I wanted perfection.

We both work long days and reality dictates that our time together is limited so anything less than perfect simply wouldn't do. I almost missed a really wonderful evening together.

No comments:

Post a Comment